This recipe will go well with the following Gingin products: Free Range Chicken Drumsticks
Sticky Drumsticks and a simple tahini yoghurt dipping sauce
A simple, easy to make and delicious meal, make enough of these Sticky Drumsticks (with a simple Tahini yoghurt dipping sauce) so there are some leftover for tomorrows lunch.
- 12 chicken drumsticks approx.
- 1 clove/s garlic -crushed
- 60 ml tamari ¼ cup
- 85 g rice malt syrup or honey ¼ cup
- 1 lemon/s -zest and juice
- TAHINI YOGHURT DIPPING SAUCE
- 250 g full-fat natural yoghurt 1 cup
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- ¼ tsp sea salt – or to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F (fan-forced).
- In a small bowl or jug mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the drumsticks in a small roasting dish in a single layer.
- Pour the marinade over the top to toss and coat the chicken evenly and place in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. If they are not brown enough, you can always place them under the grill for a few minutes at the end of the cooking process.
- While they are baking make the dipping sauce. Mix all of the ingredients until well combined and serve with the drumsticks.
BBQ Tip: If you wanted to BBQ these you could. Just score the meat of each of the drumsticks three times, to allow the marinated to penetrate and to help them to cook through without burning. Serve with a napkin or wrap foil around the ‘handles’.
Recipe and image courtesy of wellnourished.com.au