Smoked Paprika Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
A fast and easy meal to prepare, it's delicious and nourishing. Serve with your vegetables of choice or a refreshing salad.
- 500 g beef mince makes 20
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion grated
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- pinch saffron threads
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, milk, garlic, onion and smoked paprika together with salt and pepper and roll into 20 balls. Place onto a tray in a single layer and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the oil into a wide lidded frying pan set over a moderately high heat. Fry the meatballs for 5 minutes or until coloured.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, saffron and sugar, adjust the heat to a simmer and place a lid on for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving dish, top with the chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of australianbeef.com.au