Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls
These Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls are complete with a serve of fruit and veggies and so simple to make. Perfect for entertaining or a yummy snack.
- 1 clove/s garlic – peeled
- 1 red onion/s – peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples – moisture rung from them
- 1 carrot/s – small & grated
- 30g baby spinach – handful (or alternatively parsley leaves)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt – or to taste
- ground black pepper – good grind
- 500g free-range pork mince
- 1 sheet Carême All Butter Puff Pastry – I love the wholemeal spelt puff
- 2 tbsp milk – splash (to brush pastry)
- 1 tsp chia seeds – black
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor grate your garlic, onion, apple, carrot and baby spinach. Alternatively, grate / finely chop by hand.
- Mix together with the thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and pork mince until well combined.
- Halve the sheet of puff pastry and divide the mince mixture evenly along the centre and length of both halves of the pastry.
- Roll and pinch together the seam, placing it face down on the baking tray.
- Brush with the milk, sprinkle with the chia seeds and cut into approx. 8 pieces (per log).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately with your preferred tomato chutney or sauce.
Turn them into rissolesYou can make these into rissoles by shaping the meat filling into balls, flattening and cooking on the BBQ or in a pan.
Recipe and image courtesy of Well Nourished