This recipe will go well with the following Gingin beef products: Beef Chuck, Beef Blade, Beef Gravy, Dry Aged Beef Brisket or Wet Aged Beef Brisket
Italian Casserole With Cannellini Beans
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this tasty slow cooked Italian Casserole. With just 20 minutes of preparation, this is a meal that you’ll definitely keep coming back to.
- 1 kg beef chuck, blade, gravy or brisket 3cm diced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 brown onions chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 750 g fresh ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ cup fresh oregano
- 500 g swiss mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cup parsley chopped
- 800g tinned cannellini beans
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a heavy based pan, and brown beef evenly in 2-3 batches. Remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the remaining oil. Sauté onion and garlic. Slowly add the flour and stir for 1 min.
- Add red wine and simmer until reduced by ½. Add tomatoes, bay leaves and oregano.
- Stir until combined and add to the casserole.
- Place in oven and cook for 2 hrs or until meat is tender. In the last 30 mins add mushrooms, parsley and beans. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Steamed green beans
- Crusty bread
- Top with shaved parmesan
Recipe and image courtesy of australianbeef.com.au