Indian Spiced Mince with Peas
Dinner won't get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. This is one meal sure to go on regular rotation.
- 30g butter, ghee or coconut oil (2 tbsp)
- 1 onion/s (large) chopped
- 2 clove/s garlic – chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger root – peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt – or to taste
- Chilli flakes – to taste (optional)
- 500g beef mince
- 4-5 roma tomatoe/s – roughly chopped
- 150g peas (1 cup) fresh or frozen
- ¼ bunch/s fresh coriander leaves – to serve
- Rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice (to serve)
- In a large frypan or wok, heat the butter, ghee or coconut oil and sauté the onion over a medium heat for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry, stirring well for about a minute.
- Now add the mince and tomatoes and stir-fry until the mince is cooked.
- Add the peas and cook for a minute or two. Stir through the coriander and serve immediately.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Other vegetables can be added to the mix when stir frying. Cut them small so they cook quickly with the mince.
- With rice or cauliflower rice (pictured here).
- I also serve with a leafy salad or steamed vegetables.
- It's lovely with a dollop of natural yoghurt too.
- Re-heat in a pot or wok over a low heat until just hot.
Recipe and image courtesy of wellnourished.com.au