Easy Beef Cabbage Stir Fry
This Easy Beef Cabbage Stir Fry is a really quick and easy budget friendly stir fry and another favourite way to use beef mince aside from bolognese.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion/s – diced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbsp ginger root – finely grated
- 4 clove/s garlic – minced
- 2 carrot/s – julienne or grated
- 1 wombok cabbage – or sugarloaf approx. 600 g shredded
- 1 red capsicum/s – julienne
- ½ bunch/s fresh coriander leaves – to serve
- 70g raw cashew nuts – toasted, to serve (½ cup)Sauce
- 60ml tamari
- 85g rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice (to serve)
- Start by mixing the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl.
- Toast in the cashews in a dry wok on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Next, in the wok, heat the olive oil over a high heat.
- Stir fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften.
- Add the beef, ginger and garlic and fry until the beef is cooked through (and there is not any liquid in the pan).
- Add the carrots, wombok, capsicum and sauce. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until the cabbage wilts.
- Serve with the fresh coriander, toasted cashews and rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Recipe and image courtesy of wellnourished.com.au